ERI PEACE SILK
7 REASONS WHY ERI PEACE SILK IS ONE OF THE MOST SUSTAINABLE FABRICS IN THE WORLD
- It is made without killing the creatures that create it.
- A little known fact is that traditional silk manufacturing methods involve boiling the cocoons of the silkworm whilst they are still alive inside.
- Peace silk is produced in a non-violent way. The Eri worms are allowed to complete the process of metamorphosis to hatch, emerge and fly away to repeat the natural breeding process.
- Our silk is made from the cocoons collected from the forest.
- Compared to plant grown fibres it’s water footprint is tiny and it produces zero waste.
- 100% of the cocoon is used to make silk yarns and fabrics.
- Peace silk is popular among vegans and Buddhists.
According to PETA approximately 3,000 silk worms are gassed or boiled to make every pound of silk.
“The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”